Maintaining the security of data is a priority at WMS Squire, and we are committed to respecting privacy rights. We will always handle data fairly and legally at all times, and be transparent about what data is collected and how it is used.
HOW WE USE DATA
WMS Squire uses personal data to:
- To provide a service.
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically.
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT
Upon confirmation of your instructions for WMS Squire to provide surveying services, we may hold the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact details, including postal address, telephone numbers, (mobile and landline) and email address
HOW DO WE PROTECT THAT DATA?
WMS Squire is committed to keeping data safe: Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data
- Firewall protection
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA?
WMS Squire Ltd will never ask you to confirm bank details via email or telephone. If you receive a telephone call or email from WMS Squire asking you to do this, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access)
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you, when we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten)
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification)
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right of data portability).
LEGAL BASE FOR USING DATA
WMS Squire Ltd uses personal data because it is necessary for us:
- To carry out our intended service for you that you have requested.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
No client information is stored or accessed on our website.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
If you have any questions or queries about data protection which his not answered here, please telephone our main office on 01392 248828.
SHARING DATA WITH A THIRD PARTY
WMS Squire Ltd will never share your data with third parties, unless we are required to do so, such as:
- liaising with governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so.
- to comply with our legal obligations.
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases).
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.